Factory PR seeks a Women’s Account Director. The candidate should be tapped in culturally and have a genuine passion for the public relations and Fashion fields. The position calls for an expert publicity strategist and enthusiastic social media consumer. This position reports directly to VP and will supervise, develop, coach and mentor a dynamic team including two Account Executives and two Assistants.
(in order of frequency and importance)
• Secure effective press coverage [features as well as product placement] in top national, regional and online media outlets
• Maintain strong relationships with Fashion Directors, key editors, stylists and bloggers
• Create innovative communications strategies each season for large national RTW brands
• Conceptualize and execute press events
• Cultivate relationships with influencers for product seeding/recruit brand ambassadors
• Attend key industry events
• Accompany clients and editors on press trips [international and domestic]
• Work with out LA-based celebrity office for relevant clients
• Maximize and create social media campaigns
REQUIREMENTS: ***Minimum 5-years experience with Agency Experience a must
• Superior knowledge of fashion/consumer media practices, as well a phenomenal track record in garnering top tier coverage in print, broadcast TV and online mediums.
• Solid understanding of fashion/accessory trends and market.
• Candidate MUST have experience in press event planning with big brand/big budget experience a plus.
• Candidate is responsible for creation, maintenance and timely distribution of editorial reports, press clippings and budgetary tracking documents.
• Experience in supervising/mentoring junior staff is required.
• Must exhibit strong writing, communication and presentation skills to effectively articulate ideas to clients, agency principals and colleagues.
• Must have high level of interest and proficiency in New Media landscape, and experience with outlets including blogs, communities and networks.
• Bachelors degree – ideally in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English, Marketing or a related field.
• Must be proficient in Powerpoint, Photoshop, Excel, Word, and social media networks
• Must have ability to thrive in a fast paced, deadline oriented, high-energy environment with a consistent CAN DO attitude!
• Competitive salary (commensurate with experience), clothing allowance, expense account
• Heath Insurance
• 401K after one-year continuous employment
• Generous vacation offering
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].