Do you have years of exceptional experience in the fashion editorial realm? Know the exact two words that perfectly describe the next style trend? A high taste for language, imagery and cool cultural stuff – with a few low-brow jokes thrown in for good measure? Nasty Gal is seeking an Editorial Director to head the editorial department in our Downtown LA headquarters. You will have the opportunity to work with an extremely talented team of editors, photographers, art directors, and freelance contributors to curate our content experience! This position reports to the Creative Director, and oversees the Fashion Content Editor, Features Editor, Copywriters and contributing freelance talent.
• Act as the grand mastermind of our brand voice, and develop a deep understanding of what editorial content means to Nasty Gal while elevating our current offerings.
• Work closely with the Creative Director to develop the brand positioning and messaging, and ensure that it is carried out through editorial content throughout the user experience –from product descriptions through catalogs, features, and interviews.
• Use your cultural and fashion connectivity to source cool/on-brand topics and subjects for inclusion into the site.
• Lead the editorial team in continually generating ideas of how to engage our community of superfans across the globe with UNIQUE, on-brand stories and imagery.
• Provide on-point concepts for content presentations and pitches relating to marketing, catalogs, features, contests, events, etc.
• Oversee weekly marketing and product copy, ensuring it is unique in the marketplace and represents our brand voice – including headlines, subhead copy, and email campaigns.
• Protect, edit and proofread the language of the brand while also elevating it the next level.
• Oversee editorial calendar to ensure alignment across the organization and full integration of content with merchandising, marketing, PR and offline initiatives.
• Be responsible for editorial departmental process and project management, following “big ideas” through from inception to execution.
• Manage editorial budget for content creation, freelance contributors, etc. Present proposals and budgets for approval.
• Mentor and develop junior team to success through superior management skills, creative coaching, feedback and reviews.
• Collaborate closely with the technology and digital marketing teams to leverage analytics insights and incorporate analytics feedback into decision-making about content curation.
• As opportunity knocks, evaluate opportunities for external partnerships including casting, personalities, branded collaborations, film, television, commercials, media campaigns, and music concerts/festivals.
• Be available for travel 10-15% of the time as needed.
• 10+ years experience in recognized editorial roles pertaining to fashion and style.
• Top-level experience working with creative teams from concept through execution.
• Proven entrepreneurial and creative skills to think far beyond traditional editorial approaches, style stereotypes and ho-hum subject matter.
• An excellent technical command of the written word.
• Strong presentation, project, budget, and leadership skills. You can come to a meeting and blow minds!
• Excellent copywriting abilities, with a cool vocabulary and penchant for clear and concise communication.
To learn how to apply, click here: http://www.nastygal.com/careers-listing/?nl=1&jvi=o303WfwM,Apply&jvs=Fashionista