The Eighth Floor NYC office is in search of our next new “stars”. We are looking for an Account Manager and Account Executive with a passion for fashion (and beauty and luxury lifestyle), strong work ethic and great team skills. Please see below for requirements and send any qualified CV’s to Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The candidate should be well-versed in the PR world, have great contacts with key editors across fashion and lifestyle departments, have an interest in working in the fashion, beauty, wine and spirits and hospitality industries, be able to manage a team effectively through positive reinforcement, and be EXTREMELY goal oriented. The Eighth Floor is a place of constant growth.
• Secure strategic press coverage including features as well as product placement in top national, regional and online media outlets
• Maintain strong relationships with key fashion and beauty editors, relevant fashion stylists and bloggers and key features editors
• Create innovative communications strategies that maximize brand visibility and create social media campaigns
• Conceptualize and execute press events
• Manage press events including event budgets (AM)
• Cultivate relationships with influencers for product seeding/recruit brand ambassadors
• Attend key industry events
REQUIREMENTS for AE:
• Minimum 4 years experience (2 years for AE)
• Superior knowledge of fashion/consumer media practices, as well a excellent track record in garnering top tier coverage in print, broadcast TV and online mediums
• Solid understanding of consumer trends in the fashion and luxury lifestyle market
• Candidate MUST have experience in press event planning
• Candidate is responsible for creation, maintenance and timely distribution of editorial reports, press clippings and budgetary tracking documents (AM)
• Experience in supervising/mentoring junior staff is required (AM)
• Must exhibit strong writing, communication and presentation skills to effectively articulate ideas to clients, agency principals and colleagues
• Must have high level of interest and proficiency in New Media and experience with outlets including blogs, communities and networks
• Must be proficient in Powerpoint, Photoshop, Excel, Word, and social media networks
• Must have ability to thrive in a fast paced, deadline oriented, high-energy environment with an “ain’t no mountain high enough” mantra!
• Competitive salary (commensurate with experience.)
• Profit sharing opportunities
• Health Insurance
• Generous vacation offering