Night time is the best time to apply heavier moisturizers. If you’re prone to dry skin or are in your later 30s and 40s when skin elasticity starts to give out, trade up to a heavier moisturizer in the winter time. You don’t have to spend a ton either–great ones come at all price points.
• First Aid Beauty Dual Repair Face Cream, $44: A moisturizer that does a lot more than just hydrate, at a great price point, too. Contains antioxidants for protection, and oat derivative to soothe, and a vitamin C derivative for brightening.
• Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream, $42: Fresh is known for its amazing soap and tinted lip balms, but it has a stellar skin care range, too. This is the latest offering–it promises intense hydration.
• Garnier Skin Renew Radiance Moisture Cream, $12.99: Pure moisture without any fuss.
• Ole Henriksen Truth Creme Advanced Hydration, $45: Another heavy duty cream that brightens with vitamin C extracts. This is one of our go-to faves.
• Rodial Dragon’s Blood Hyaluronic Moisturizer, $60: Technically a day moisturizer (it has SPF 15), we are currently in love with this product. It’s loaded with hyaluronic acid, a moisturizer that can also temporarily plump out fine lines. (Plus the bottle color makes us happy.) Contains no actual dragon’s blood.