Founded in 1988 the Higher Colleges of Technology has grown to be the largest of the higher educational institutions in the UAE, gaining a well-respected reputation for innovative learning. More than 18,000 students attend 17 modern men’s and women’s campuses throughout the Emirates.
HCT offers a wide range of English-taught programs in Applied Communications, Business, Education, Engineering Technology, Computer & Information Sciences, General Education and Health Sciences. These programs are all relevant to the UAE’s fast growing and evolving economic sectors. All programs are designed in consultation with business and industry leaders to ensure that the skills students learn are job-relevant and to high standards. They are constantly monitored to ensure they are at the cutting edge of industry standards and technological change.
It is an exciting organization that has employees from over 60 different countries, including the UAE, USA, UK, India, South Africa, Lebanon, Australia, the Philippines, Canada and Pakistan. These employees are drawn by the adventure, travel and excitement of living in one of the youngest, fastest developing countries in the world, a country of rich diversity, of great tolerance and of progress.
Responsibilities: Faculty members are responsible for providing effective instruction in Fashion Design. By using various learning methodologies that support a learning by doing philosophy, curriculum is taught to second language learners within a student-centric environment that fosters respect for students, their culture, and traditions. Faculty members play an important role in assisting with the development and preservation of system wide and directorate-specific policies, and are viewed as active participants in academic and extra-curricular events at the College and within the community.
Education and Qualifications:
• A Master’s Degree or Terminal Degree in Fashion Design or a related discipline
• A minimum of 3 years teaching experience in technical and computer-aided fashion design, production, and merchandising
• At least 3 years of relevant industry experience and a documented record of accomplishments in professional practice
• Previous experience teaching in at least four of the following areas: Apparel Design Techniques; Design Concepts; Textiles; Draping; Tailoring; Fashion Show Production; Visual Merchandising and Display; and Fashion Buying
• Understanding of overall fashion design and development processes and concepts
• Knowledge of pattern making techniques, clothing construction techniques and draping techniques
• Familiarity with current computer software used in the fashion industry including; Gerber Accumark Pattern Design, Lectra, Modaris, Kaledo, InDesign, Adobe Creative Suite and merchandising software such as JDA
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated competency to interact with people at all levels of the organization
• Current knowledge of industry practices, trends and issues
• The ability to function as a team player within a multi-cultural work environment
• Overseas teaching/training experience to non-native English speakers is desirable
Rewarding Compensation: The compensation package includes a tax free 12-month base salary, relocation/commencement assistance, unfurnished accommodation, tuition assistance for dependent children, 48 working days of paid annual vacation, annual air ticket to the country of origin for the employee and their eligible dependents, free comprehensive medical coverage for employees and their eligible dependents, and a generous contract completion bonus.
For a detailed job description and to apply please visit http://recruit.hct.ac.ae. We are currently looking for Faculty to start in August 2013 and the review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. All inquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence.