Rachel Comey is a New York based designer, whose namesake brand includes a womens collection of clothing, shoes and accessories, as well as a mens collection of shoes and accessories. Although her current collections can be found in more than 100 stores internationally, the continued success of the brand is still largely due to word of mouth, and by appealing to the intelligence and independence of her customers, who appreciate the thoughtful details and off beat charm manifested in her designs.
Rachel Comey seeks an enthusiastic shoe and accessory designer with some diversified hands on experience. Work alongside the design team to develop customer and market focused collections each season in line with company strategy for brand.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
• Identify and research key trends, new materials, trims and color palettes and design new product incorporating ideas.
• Create initial concepts, design sketches and innovations for footwear and accessory ranges.
• Perform efficient time management and ability to manage deadlines/workload.
• Provide technical drawings for suppliers, finalizing designs for production; execution by factory and development team.
• Review shapes and fit throughout design season, work closely with buying and product development team.
• Continually assess and evaluate materials, components and constructions being used in the product.
• Ability to produce original ideas based on upcoming trends.
• Work without supervision but as a part of highly successful and productive team.
• Knowledge of Spanish, Portugese, or Italian is a plus!
To apply, please email a copy of your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to meeting you!