The Charles David lifestyle is the leading brand for attainable luxury in shoes and accessories. The company’s heritage is rooted in producing sexy, sleek, and fashion forward designs with a sophisticated attitude. Whether worn for work or play our mission is to bring our vision of a cultured and cosmopolitan lifestyle to woman around the globe. Our products, emblematic of the highest standard of quality include shoes, boots, handbags, and small leather goods. Our lifestyle driven brand embraces the highest standards of creativity, quality and technology.
Charles David of California
Location: West Coast Corporate Office
Reports to Creative Director/Retail Director
Compensation: 55k, health benefits, 401K
• 5 to 7 years relevant in house and/or agency PR/Marketing experience
• Strong fashion media contacts with proven results: online + print
• Excellent verbal + written skills: samples must be provided
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Photoshop
• Instinctual attitude: the ability to be a self-starter and take initiative in projects and daily duties without guidance or handholding.
• Organization: must have effective time management skills, be able to meet strict deadlines, maintain an organized work area and filing systems, and track/document the status of various projects.
• Keen attention to detail and ability to proofread/edit all written and designed documents.
• Works effectively as a team of one with Creative Director a phone call away.
• Ability to make effective decisions based on prior PR/Marketing experience.
• Author all corporate press releases and bio’s as well as provide essential materials to aggressively update the media on new collections/product to ensure they continue to feature the Charles David brand.
• Update and maintain PR inventory including regular closet checks, organization of transfer, tracking shoes sent to fashion closets, stylists, fashion shoots, and follow up for returns.
• Order samples for press closet and photo shoots.
• Pack and ship all editorial pulls.
• Maintain and update editorial archives, portfolios and magazine library
• Ensure that sales executives, corporate contacts and retail locations are aware of relevant placements and credits.
• Plan and execute all special events and projects for wholesale, corporate and retail.
• Point person for all mall marketing for 15 retail locations.
• Communicate with retail locations to ensure that you are providing them with the materials needed.
• Work with Creative Director to organize and plan seasonal photo shoots.
• Help create and update existing brand assets including but not limited to: seasonal posters for stores and showrooms, business cards, shopping bags, holiday/seasonal windows, look books, evites, eblasts, brand book, catalogues, stationary etc…
• Work with outside vendors: graphic designers, printers both offset and large format, GWP’s, photo agencies etc…
• Must be fluent in all social media platforms to update our existing Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Linkedin, and Tumblr.
• Ability to create and execute an email blast schedule and strategically plan timing of blasts using our email blast system.
• Ability to negotiate contracts.
• Keep an upbeat and positive outlook on the Charles David brand to maintain brand equity and value.
• Manage back stage of charlesdavid.com eCommerce site. Know when to re-stock inventory, markdowns, promotions and changing out of creative.
• Provide all technical and fashion shoe descriptions for site.
• Organize with online photographer when shoes need to be shot and then coordinate with 3rd party fulfillment center of when to upload.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Teresa.Kanode@charlesdavid.com.