Emerging Blue has many creative positions open within the fashion industry and one of our San Francisco based luxury retail clients is hiring a full-time Sales and Inventory Planner.
What it’s all about… We are looking for a go-getter to manage brand sales and inventory (wholesale and retail) and drive top line and bottom line growth for a retail company in the Bay Area. You will also provide reporting and data analysis support to all teams in order to support business decisions as needed.
• Manage company Open-to-Buy to maximize sales, optimize inventory levels by Brand and Channel.
• Brand Ownership of End to End Planning:
o Partner with all Channels to validate sales forecasts on a monthly basis to understand future sales trends and variance to previous forecasts.
o Review inventory needs on a monthly basis to ensure proper inventory levels are maintained by consistently reviewing trends, on hand, supplier’s leadtimes.
o Responsible for Whole sale orders to suppliers.
• Partner with production team to develop new product launch forecasts and Partner with all Channels to confirm purchase quantities for newness.
• Evaluate productivity of all SKUs and recommend product transition from active to discontinue.
• Communicate and manage potential inventory liabilities and overstocks to minimize obsolescence.
• Manage RTV process with all Channels and coordinate receipt of Inventory with KDC.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with cross-functional teams, cross-retailer teams and all Suppliers.
• Create and update current department processes.
• Manage, coach and develop Merchandise Planning Assistant.
• Provide monthly reporting (i.e. Outstock report, KDC inbound/outbound quantities).
• Maintain and update Order Cycle Timeline and Calendar, ensure schedules are followed by all Channels.
• Additional projects as required.
• Minimum 4 years wholesale or retail planning experience; wholesale experience a plus (BA, BS preferred)
• Experience in working with Distribution Centers
• Proficiency with MS Office, with advanced Excel skills
• Experience managing multiple levels of Open-to-Buy
• Strong Inventory/Planning skills
• Experience working with manufacturers/vendors
• Strong problem solving, negotiation, and analytical skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills; able to handle multiple priorities
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Keen attention to detail.
• Ability to work in fast-paced, often-changing environment.
• Ability to work independently as well as with cross functional teams.
• Flexible; team player
• Bachelor’s Degree
Please send your resume to [email protected] with Sales and Inventory Planner in the subject line. Thank you for your application!