Highly regarded emerging fashion brand, KAELEN, has two internship positions open:
-DESIGN INTERN to assist Designer & Product Development Manager with all aspects of development & production
-SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN to assist Social Media coordinator.
KAELEN is a women’s line that is in it’s 7th season, based out of Soho, New York. We are a small company that is growing quickly! KAELEN focuses on clean, modern silhouettes. We create our own prints and produce everything in NYC. Our line is carried in retailers such as ShopBop, Satine Boutique, Dagny & Barstow and Louis Boston.
DESIGN INTERN Responsibilities include:
• Make cut tickets for design cutwork — distribute to factories
• Maintain style book of design styles
• Draw flats
• Source trims/fabrics/leathers/linings for design and production
• Liaise with domestic factories to ensure timely deliveries and quality product
• Make linelist for sales
• Maintain and organize fashion headers
• Help with mood boards, design boards
• Help with pre-show – styling, lookbook shoot, backstage help
• Help during design and production fittings
Our ideal design intern candidate will have the following:
• Should be able to commit to 2-3 days a week starting ASAP
• Must be extremely organized, neat, and enthusiastic
• Have Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator Knowledge
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel..etc)
• Working technical understanding and knowledge of garment construction, specs and tech packs are a plus
• Knowledge of the garment district is a plus, but not necessary
• Experience with better contemporary or designer level brands are a plus, but not necessary.
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN Responsibilities include:
• create content to support our social media initiatives
• help create digital assets to be used
• General office tasks and organizational upkeep
• Assist Management Coordinator
Our ideal social media candidate will have the following:
• strong writing skills
• very organized and detail oriented
• enthusiastic and willing to pitch ideas
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
• Proficient in Adobe CS Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
• Knowledge of C#, HTML & CSS is a plus, but not necessary
Previous intern experience is highly regarded!!
These are very hands on internships that will result in an incredible gain of knowledge regarding the garment industry, garment district and garment construction as well as an in-depth look at how a fashion company is organized
Internship is unpaid
Applying to be an intern:
All interested candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org with appropriate internship position in the subject line. Please include your resume and cover letter.