Luxury fashion startup looking to hire interns to assist with numerous tasks in preparation for our upcoming collection. This will be a truly hands on experience and lend exposure to virtually all aspects of the design process from initial conception of the collection to the presentation during NYFW in September.
Responsibilities will include:
• Researching and sourcing textiles
• Picking up and dropping off samples and other sensitive materials to various locations In the Garment District, Dumbo, and Williamsburg.
• Studio organization
• Technical flats
• Pattern drafting
This is a fashion design internship with the possibility of hands on designing.
Potential candidates should possess;
• You should have formal design training (construction/draping,pattern drafting, knitwear, fashion illustration, technical flats, etc.. ), preferably someone in the middle or towards the end of a fashion design degree.
• You should be proactive and confident with an eagerness to learn.
• You must have an eye for detail and care about the job at hand.
• You must be a perfectionist who can move quickly and easily prioritize.
• The ideal candidate will have a positive and flexible personality conducive to working with a small close knit studio environment.
Candidates interested in a career in fashion design would get the most out of this opportunity.
We can be flexible when it comes to scheduling, but prefer that you work a minimum of two days per week. We will provide you with infallible knowledge, an opportunity to learn, build your resume, and gain business references. Course credit is also available with prior approval.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.