shopkick is the largest location-based shopping app. Within one year from launch, 3.3 million users signed up in the U.S., 13 retail partners, including Target, Best Buy, Macy’s, Crate & Barrel, American Eagle, Sports Authority, Toys R Us, Simon Malls and others, and 20 brands (P&G, Unilever, Kraft, Colgate, Clorox, Disney, HP, Intel).
shopkick’s vision is to completely transform shopping at physical stores for consumers, using mobile phones’ location awareness, unprecedented personalization capabilities, and social/viral features. It is based in Redwood City, founded by mobile and consumer experts, with investors Kleiner Perkins and Reid Hoffman/Greylock (founder and Chairman of LinkedIn, and early stage investor in Facebook and Zynga) behind it.
shopkick addresses the no. 1 issue of all physical retailers: driving foot traffic. shopkick has created a game-changing mobile app that the Wall Street Journal named as one of the Top 10 Apps among 450,000 on Apple’s App Store. It won the runner-up Crunchie award for the best social commerce app by TechCrunch, and Fast Company named it one of the Top 10 Most Innovative Companies In Retail along with Apple, Amazon.com and Starbucks.
About the role:
Shopkick is searching for an exceptionally talented part-time Rewards Program Curator to develop and source a well rounded and inspiring assortment of products for the Rewards mall. Our Rewards Program Curator is responsible for inspiring shoppers to engage with shopkick daily in order to exchange their accumulated “kicks” for amazing rewards. If you seek a fast-paced start-up environment and are eager to delight millions of people with your work, this is the job for you!
• Identify and implement monthly rewards strategies and promotions to drive engagement of existing customer base and foster loyalty among new user base
• Lead cross-functional implementation of new programs partnering with internal groups from Programming, Operations, Customer Relations, as well as external partners
• Stay on top of current and emerging trends in retail, including—but not limited to—apparel, jewelry, shoes, accessories, lifestyle/home goods, beauty products and gift cards
• Create design briefs for new rewards with suggested image use and editorial direction for each launch; Manage review cycles with Senior Editor
• Manage rewards mall using a web-based administration tool and work with operations team in trouble-shooting and resolving production issues
• You have a BA/BS in marketing, business, merchandising or experience in managing loyalty programs
• You have a strong, cohesive aesthetic vision and a sharp eye for viral, high-quality merchandise and a strong knowledge of fashion and lifestyle brands
• You can effectively manage time-sensitive projects from concept to delivery
• You have an entrepreneurial spirit and can work well in a vibrant, collaborative team environment
If this role interests you, please send your info with the subject line “Rewards Mall Curator” to [email protected].
Hourly pay will start at $17/hr
Hours are 15-20 hrs a week
Position is located in Redwood City, CA