The Eighth Floor is growing, again! We’re looking for an Account Executive with a passion for fashion (and beauty and luxury lifestyle), strong work ethic, great team skills, extremely goal oriented and ready to find somewhere to grow. Please send any qualified candidates to Kulsoom at [email protected].
The candidate should be well-versed in the PR world, have great contacts with key editors across fashion and lifestyle departments, have an interest in working in the fashion, beauty, wine and spirits and hospitality industries, and be EXTREMELY goal oriented. The Eighth Floor is a place of constant growth.
• Secure strategic press coverage including features as well as product placement in top national, regional and online media outlets
• Maintain strong relationships with key fashion and beauty editors, relevant fashion stylists and bloggers and key features editors
• Create innovative communications strategies that maximize brand visibility and create social media campaigns
• Conceptualize and execute press events
• Manage press events
• Cultivate relationships with influencers for product seeding/recruit brand ambassadors
• Attend key industry events
• 1-3 years (3-5 years for Account Manager) of experience
• Superior knowledge of fashion/consumer media practices, as well a excellent track record in garnering top tier coverage in print, broadcast TV and online mediums
• Solid understanding of consumer trends in the fashion and luxury lifestyle market
• Candidate MUST have experience in press event planning
• Candidate is responsible for creation, maintenance and timely distribution of editorial reports and press clippings
• Must exhibit strong writing, communication and presentation skills to effectively articulate ideas to clients, agency principals and colleagues
• Must have high level of interest and proficiency in New Media and experience with outlets including blogs, communities and networks
• Must be proficient in Powerpoint, Photoshop, Excel, Word, and excellent understanding of social media outlets (i.e. Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc)
• Must have ability to thrive in a fast paced, deadline oriented, high-energy environment with an “ain’t no mountain high enough” mantra!
• Team player and able to think “outside of the box”
• Ability to multitask and maintain quality work under pressure
• Willingness to travel for programs and events (percentage varies per client)
The Eighth Floor offers employees excellent compensation packages, including full health insurance, excellent holiday leave, competitive salaries, 401K, etc