Established in 2001, Left Left Right (LLR) Consulting is a New York-based, full-service creative direction and communications agency. LLR works with clients to design clever, conversation generating initiatives that map back to bottom line goals. Left Left Right helps lifestyle businesses become more meaningfully philanthropic and charities become more fashionably visible.
Our clients include companies in the following industries: Fitness, Surf & Swim; Wellness, Sustainability & Philanthropy; Fashion, Accessories & Luxury Goods; Art & Architecture; Interior Design & Home Décor.
If you’re looking for corporate paradigm, this isn’t for you. However, if you’re seeking an exciting, creative, entrepreneurial environment where you can bring ideas that play an integral part in setting client strategy and developing innovative communications programs, then please reach out and introduce yourself. We love what we do and hope you will, too.
This position is critical to the execution of public relations and communications initiatives for LLR Consulting’s portfolio of clients. The position will play a key role in developing client brand messaging via the creation of strategic press plans and materials; developing and maintaining relationships with national, regional and trade media; launching products, programs and partnerships; assisting in the management of accounts and events; ultimately securing press coverage and raising our clients’ visibility.
The Big Picture
• Bring creativity and innovation to every project
• Develop strategic communication campaigns, including media opportunities, tactics, and timelines consistent with the clients’ overall marketing strategies
• Generate ideas for “new news” on behalf of clients, staying vigilant about crafting story opportunities
• Proactively create coverage for our clients based on their industry, current trends and desired positioning
• Develop and maintain relationships with influential members of the press, across media outlets in order to ensure placements
• Participate in/lead brainstorming sessions to develop strategic/creative thinking for clients, their overall brand positioning and opportunities
• Contribute ideas regarding experiential marketing opportunities, meaningful third-party alignments, and digital marketing initiatives
• Implement successful public relations and communications strategies, with the assistance of the LLR team
• Proactively pitch and secure coverage in targeted media outlets, including broadcast, print and new media, in the lifestyle, wellness, fashion, and design sectors
• Write and edit media materials – press kits, press releases, media alerts, fact sheets, bios, case studies and backgrounders and distribute to media outlets
• Have daily interaction with various media outlets to discuss upcoming story ideas, utilizing social media in a creative way to connect with journalists (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
• Facilitate media interviews and follow up
• Ensure press attendance at and coverage of client events in alignment with the client’s overall PR plan
• Seek out speaking opportunities for clients as “experts in their field”
• Oversee the process of tracking and reporting media activities, including press placements and PR efforts, quantifying results
• Update monthly reports on an ongoing basis, as well as have media interaction tracked and ready to respond to client inquiries
• Own the daily account management activities, including activity reports, media monitoring and coordination of all necessary materials for client accounts
• Assist in the research, writing and development of new business proposals
• Assist with event planning and execution, including media outreach events
• Attend and network at industry events
• Utilize LLR resources, including interns and support staff, to deliver high quality, timely work
• Minimum of 3-4 years of public relations experience working directly with clients in the lifestyle, wellness, fashion, beauty or design sector
• Strong relationships with high caliber trade, local and national press across mediums
• Outstanding writing skills – enjoy writing and developing story ideas
• Experience drafting press releases, writing media pitches to all levels of media and preparing client proposals
• Ability to explain concepts and ideas in a compelling manner
• Creative, strategic thinker with an eye for brand partnership opportunities
• Keen grasp of how to use social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest) as a tool to create dialogue with influencers and press
• Have an entrepreneurial spirit – be passionate about our clients and their businesses, keeping up-to-date on trends in their markets
• Detail-oriented and organized with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage time effectively, including internal and client-facing initiatives
• Team player – willing to take on a challenge, confident, and self-motivated
• BA/BS or equivalent degree
• Please have curiosity, integrity, passion
Send a cover letter and your resume to [email protected]. Local candidates only.