There are a lot of celebrities at Cannes–many of whom may or may not have any real reason to be there other than for photo opportunities. Nobody questions it, though. Which is why Psy’s apparent presence at the film festival didn’t raise a single eyebrow–even though it turned out it wasn’t even him.
Apparently, at Cannes, all you have to do is say you’re a famous person to whom you have a passing resemblance, dress like that person, and the next minute you’re getting your photo taken and rubbing elbows with A-listers while the celebrity you’re impersonating is in a different country.
That’s what happened to Psych! as the Post has hilariously dubbed the man who successfully fooled everyone at Cannes into thinking he was Korean pop star Psy. And we mean everyone. Here’s some of the stuff the stuff he got to do, just by sporting a shrunken blazer and some round sunglasses, according to the Post:
• Posed for photos with celebrities including Adrien Brody and Naomie Harris (which she tweeted)
• Attended a Chopard party
• Attended millionaire oil magnate and fashion designer Goga Ashkenazi and Le Baron’s “secret party”
• Got interviewed by France’s Radio Prestige
• Negotiated an upcoming appearance at the Better World Awards in Monaco.
• Got three free bottles of Crystal Rosé for lunch
That Psy would be in Cannes isn’t such a stretch–he did attend the Met Gala. But it wasn’t him. Yesterday, real Psy Tweeted from Singapore, “seems like there’s another ME at cannes…say Hi to him @scooterbraun lol #PSYinSINGAPORE.”
Psych! sounds like a bit of a jerk, but we can’t help but be really, really impressed.