shopkick is the largest location-based shopping app. Within one year from launch, 3.3 million users signed up in the U.S., 13 retail partners, including Target, Best Buy, Macy’s, Crate & Barrel, American Eagle, Sports Authority, Toys R Us, Simon Malls and others, and 20 brands (P&G, Unilever, Kraft, Colgate, Clorox, Disney, HP, Intel).
shopkick’s vision is to completely transform shopping at physical stores for consumers, using mobile phones’ location awareness, unprecedented personalization capabilities, and social/viral features. It is based in Redwood City, founded by mobile and consumer experts, with investors Kleiner Perkins and Reid Hoffman/Greylock (founder and Chairman of LinkedIn, and early stage investor in Facebook and Zynga) behind it.
shopkick addresses the no. 1 issue of all physical retailers: driving foot traffic. shopkick has created a game- changing mobile app that the Wall Street Journal named as one of the Top 10 Apps among 450,000 on Apple’s App Store. It won the runner-up Crunchie award for the best social commerce app by TechCrunch, and Fast Company named it one of the Top 10 Most Innovative Companies In Retail along with Apple, Amazon.com and Starbucks.
About the role:
Shopkick is searching for an exceptionally talented Content Designer to design a wide variety of inspiring assets for retail and brands-based content. Our Content Team is responsible for inspiring shoppers to visit brick-and-mortar retail locations through great curation, evocative visual storytelling and clever narration and design of fashion and lifestyle-related topics. If you are obsessed with shopping, seek a fast-paced start-up environment and are eager to delight millions of people with your work, this is the job for you!
• Employ a creative blend of design and visual storytelling skills to produce a high volume of inspiring, engaging and on-trend mobile content
• Design and produce on-brand visual assets, including lookbook covers, banners, promotional units and client-specific advertising design.
• Stay on top of current and emerging visual trends in retail, including—but not limited to—apparel, jewelry, shoes, accessories, lifestyle/home goods, beauty products and CPGs
• Manage multiple projects at one time and able to work under tight deadlines
• You have a BFA in communication arts, graphic design or related field—or at least 1-2 years of working graphic design experience.
• You are proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, and comfortable organizing assets.
• Your portfolio shows a solid understanding of typography & layout design. Experience with presentations, info graphics and illustration a plus.
• You have a strong, cohesive aesthetic vision, preferably based in print media or fashion/lifestyle graphic design.
• You are comfortable working with a wide range of brands and retailers, and working with existing branded creative when necessary to create fresh, compelling visual content.
• You can effectively manage time-sensitive projects from concept to delivery.
• You have an entrepreneurial spirit and can work well in a vibrant, collaborative team environment.
If this role interests you, please send your info with the subject line “Content Designer” to Jobs@shopkick.com.
Hourly pay will start at $17/hr
This is a 3-month contract position with the possibility of full time hire
Hours are 40 hrs a week
Position is located in Redwood City, CA