Disclaimer: This was my first time using a self tanner EVER. They’re scary. That is all.
How it works: This two-step system includes exfoliating body wash and an express liquid tanner. After scrubbing off all your dead skin in the shower, you apply the tinted liquid tanner all over your bod with a mitt. In two minutes, it’s dry and you’re already sort of tan. A deeper tan develops over the next several hours. Also the name is hilarious.
• Exfoliator smells like literal smushed up strawberries, which was kind of cool in a rolling around the garden in summertime kind of way. My skin felt seriously smooth after using it.
• Color is visible immediately when applied, making it easier to see where you’ve already put it on (though it still wasn’t entirely foolproof for a novice like me, anyway). It seemed fully developed by the morning.
• I repeated the application several days later and definitely looked darker and had an even tan. When my roommate (who didn’t know I was doing the experiment) saw me the next day after having been away for a week, she asked me when and how I’d gotten so tan. Success!
• It’s kind of weird that the liquid just sort of drips out of the bottle–there’s no pump.
• When I got to work, I started noticing a slight lingering smell about me, even though I spritzed myself with Miss Dior prior to leaving the house.
Overall: I found the experience simple and quick. This was the tanner I came back to once I’d finished testing them all out–though the next time, I seemed to miss even more patches of skin. Self tanning is really hard, guys!
Best for: People with busy schedules who like to see what they’re doing, and where.