How it works: This pump gel system from Guerlain acts as a moisturizer as well as a self tanner. Based on the packaging alone, it’s obvious Terracotta is in the upper echelon of bronzers.
• We loved the smell of the lotion and the non-plastic feel of the bottle. It’s a very luxe experience.
• The color of the lotion was very aesthetically pleasing–a deep brown, no orangeness!
• The lotion leaves a subtle shimmer on skin after application, which develops into a really nice, natural and deep color.
• It was really hard to tell where I had already applied the lotion–and it takes about an hour to develop completely.
• Instructions say to wash hands after application, but they were SO stained–water and soap wasn’t enough.
• I applied in the evening but waited the recommended development time (one hour) to go to bed. When I woke up, I noticed streaks, spots, and drips–which I frankly don’t understand at all, because it wasn’t liquid to begin with.
Overall: The color was gorgeous, but I wish it had been more even, and I’d definitely recommend applying this one with a mitt as the palm stains were a bit disheartening. Maybe leave this one to the self-tanning pros.
Best for: Ladies looking for a more luxurious self-tanning experience. Seriously, the smell on its own is worth the process.