How it works: Hayley swears by this tanning mousse for vacations, so as a self-tan newbie, I was eager to try it out. The directions recommend applying it in a circular motion with a tanning mitt, and waiting 4+ hours before getting wet.
• This was super easy to apply and spread.
• The resulting color looked natural, but was a bit patchy. It goes on clear, so it’s hard to see where it has and hasn’t been applied.
• We didn’t notice any odor.
• The color clung to dry spots on my skin much more than others I’d tested–thorough exfoliation prior is a must.
• I was self conscious my face looked kind of dirty, but the ladies of Fashionista disagreed.
• The color stained my white sheets the first night I applied it (Probably my fault but I might as well throw that in there).
Overall: We loved the light feeling of the mousse and how dark we got with just one application–but next time we’ll exfoliate better and choose darker bedsheets!
Best for: People who can’t deal with the smell of self tanner and want serious color fast.