How it works: I’m already a devotee of St. Tropez’s Self Tan Mousse so I was curious to see how I liked the spray. The spray comes out dark brown so you can see where it’s going–I kind of felt like I was spray painting my body. It comes with a mitt and you definitely need it–I had to rub really hard to get it not to look patchy. Despite the fact that the product supposedly has 360° spray technology, it’s definitely tricky to get it in certain areas, and if you turn it upside down–to spray the backs of your thighs for instance–it comes out a little drippy. I can’t even begin to guess how people get it on their backs without a partner. Luckily my boyfriend was on hand to finish the job.
• Natural-looking color
• Very minimal smell
• Didn’t stain sheets or towel
• Foam mitt was super useful and prevented any weird hand staining
• Because the spray comes out brown, it’s easy to see where you need to blend and prevent patchiness
• Unless you’re a contortionist, you’re going to have to ask someone to help you spray your back and rub it
• You have to rub really hard with the foam mitt to make sure the color is even
• Because you’re supposed to hold the spray six inches from your skin, it’s easy to get it all over your bathroom
Overall: Loved the color, hated the application. Definitely sticking to the mousse.
Best for: Very flexible people; people looking for a way to trick someone into giving them a backrub