We are looking for an energetic and positive person to join our PR team as Showroom Manager. The candidate that we are seeking is a versatile individual who can take on this exciting and wide-ranging role, working closely with the PR and VIP team managing and supporting all showroom activities. Strong communication skills are essential, as you will be required to take on a leadership role with regards to training and managing interns and assist the PR department with monitoring and reporting on press coverage across clients.
The role ideally requires a high aptitude and solid experience within a showroom and/or PR department. If you get excited about color-coding your closet, finding smarter ways to do things and you would like to be a part of this team, we’d love to meet you.
• Develop and manage relationships with editors and stylists.
• Facilitate pulls for Editorial requests.
• Responsible for the general housekeeping of Showroom, ensuring it is kept orderly, tidy and merchandised at all times.
• Source and manage a revolving team of interns
• Coordinate seasonal press reviews
• Manage deliveries and inventory of seasonal collections
• Utilize Fashion GPS for trafficking samples
• Manage International shipments and transfers of inventory; familiarity with Fish & Wildlife licenses a plus
• Coordinate with the Showroom Manager in Los Angeles and in London regarding collections
• Heavily assist the PR team during Fashion Week
• Remain knowledgeable and up to date on all client collections
• Inventory all collections on arrival and ensure that inventory is replenished from returns on a daily basis
• Assist with telephone inquiries, and follow through thoroughly.
Desired Skills & Experience
• A true interest in fashion and the fashion industry
• Previous experience within a showroom, PR department or as a stylist’s assistant required
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships
• Problem solving and solution oriented with a ‘can-do’ attitude
• A strong eye for visual merchandising and showroom layout with a meticulous accuracy for detail
• A strong team player who is considerate of colleagues
• Merchandising experience a plus
• Working knowledge of FashionGPS
• Proficient computer skills i.e. Word and Excel (to intermediate level)
• Must be local and familiar with the city
PLEASE do not apply if you do not have this relevant experience in Fashion. Responses without Fashion experience will not be considered.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.