Tonight, the US winner of the prestigious Woolmark prize will be named. But before that happens, take a peek at the sketches submitted by all ten finalists. To recap, they are:
• Altuzarra (designed by Joseph Altuzarra)
• Bibhu Mohapatra
• Creatures of the Wind (designed by Shane Gabier and Christopher Peters)
• Daniel Vosovic
• Giulietta (designed by Sofia Sizzi)
• Ohne Titel
• Timo Weiland (a collaboration between Timo Weiland and Alan Eckstein)
• Tucker (designed by Gaby Basora)
• Wes Gordon
• Whit (designed by Whitney Pozgay)
Each designer had to submit six sketches and complete one full look containing 80 percent Merino knit or woven wool content overall.
The U.S. winner will receive $100,000 towards their next collection and move on to the international phase of the competition. Last year’s US winner, Sophie Theallet, was ultimately defeated by the European winner–think this year’s winning U.S. designer can take home the whole thing?
Check out ten select sketches from the designers: