OW! is a dynamic boutique publicity firm based in New York. We are looking for two interns for Fall 2013 to begin in August that will focus on both PR and production. We are focused on events, entertainment, fashion and lifestyle.
Currently, OW! core focus is event and red carpet press. We have clients that are key fashion week sponsors, a music festival, multiple magazine brands, a nationally recognized life coach, retail, experts, and many high profile per project clients. During the last 13 seasons, we have consulted on 84 fashion shows and events and have similar work in for September. We are looking for dedicated, grounded individuals who are looking to grow with us.
If you want to learn the “in’s and out’s” of public relations and events production in a boutique setting, this opportunity is for you.
TIMING / HOURS:
A candidate who can start in August is ideal and the duration runs through mid December. If you are looking for specific days, please make sure to let us know that. All candidates MUST be able to dedicate at least TWO FULL DAYS per week during regular business hours.
PLEASE NOTE if you do not feel strongly that you fit the above and below criteria, please do not apply for this position, only the top candidates will be contacted for an interview.
This is NOT a paid internship.
1. Self-motivated and ability to work w/minimal supervision at times
2. Strong marketing and business sense
4. Ability to multi-task & prioritize
5. Proficient in Mac/PC, Word, Excel, Filemaker Pro, Photoshop, InDesign, email, etc.
6. Team Player
7. Excellent follow-up skills
8. Writing skills
9. Must be VERY trustworthy and reliable
10. Solid communications skills
11. References are a REQUIRED!
3. Assisting with Event Production
4. Receive & distribute mail, faxes and packages
5. Coordinate Travel Plans
6. Office administrative work & occasional errands
7. Assist with all special projects and presentations
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
1. Publicity inside & out for lifestyle / events / nightlife
2. Basic public relations knowledge and editorial introduction through the course of work
3. Basic production skills and organizational skills for events
4. Behind the scenes look at the New York Fashion industry
5. Opportunities to develop a public relations sensibility by sitting in on client and strategy meetings
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email email@example.com