Yep, as soon as October, you will be able to make your house or apartment smell the way Karl Lagerfeld wants it to smell, WWD reports. He signed a licensing deal with Welton London to create, produce and distribute the candles, which are to “express the essence of the fashion house in olfactory terms.”
We don’t have any other details on what the candles will actually smell like, and Lagerfeld is unlikely to offer any concrete information, since he once said, “A fragrance is not made to be explained by words.”
So, we came up with some guesses as to what the candle scents might be, based on things Lagerfeld seems to like:
• Diet Coke, since it’s all he drinks.
• Kitten, since his is a great beauty.
• Books, since he once created a fragrance that smells like them.
• New car, since he can’t drive them, but maybe wants to smell them.
• ‘Juicy food,’ since it’s Choupette’s favorite smell
• Ocean, since that’s what Choupette’s eyes look like.
• Himself, since we could see him just saying, “Make this smell like me.”
• Klorane dry shampoo, since his hair is constantly covered in it and it starts with a ‘K.’
What do you think Lagerfeld’s candles will smell like? And is there a chance they’ll be a color other than black?