WhoWhatWear.com is currently seeking a full-time Senior Editor to join its fast-paced editorial department in Los Angeles. The ideal candidate is an accomplished journalist with a comprehensive knowledge of celebrity style, runway trends, and fashion brands, as well as exceptionally strong writing skills. The Fashion Writer/Editor must also have strong visual sensibilities and the ability to make fashion market recommendations that are suitable and appropriate for WhoWhatWear.com’s content. This position reports directly to the Editorial Director, offers enormous potential for growth within the company, and will be an integral part of this exciting multi-media fashion and beauty start-up.
• Conceive, report, write, and publish multiple daily fashion and celebrity style stories for WhoWhatWear.com including
• Work with the ad sales team to create all copy for advertorials
• Provide top editing and editorial guidance to freelance writers, blog contributors, and associate editor as needed
• Work with Social Media Mangager to create unique, high content quality for all of Who What Wear’s social platforms
• Curate, edit, and write stories for WhoWhatWear.com’s daily blog
• Copy-edit all content
• Oversee editorial calendar
Skills and Qualifications:
• 5-10 years of experience in print and/or online publishing, with a proven background in fashion (some online experience is a must)
• Bachelor’s degree
• Strong grammar, research, and copy-editing skills, as well as a deep love of fashion writing
• Firsthand experience with daily publishing in a CMS, familiarity with HTML and web-publishing software tools
• Able to work calmly under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and provide self-direction
• Strong contacts/relationships with fashion industry press teams and celebrity publicists
• Familiarity with Who What Wear’s voice and style
• Must have a voracious appetite for fashion and style-related topics, including a deep knowledge of the online market
• Must be a team player with a resourceful, can-do attitude and thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
This is a full-time salaried position located in Los Angeles. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Instructions for Submission:
If interested, please send your resume along with a cover letter and three examples of your work to [email protected] with the subject line RESUME: SENIOR EDITOR. You may send links to online work and/or submit pdfs of print articles. Please follow these instructions carefully in order to be considered.
***NO phone calls
*Any resumes received through alternate email addresses or via snail mail will NOT be read or considered.*
*Due to the great number of resumes we receive, we regretfully are unable to respond individually to each person interested in our company, or answer inquiries regarding the status of a particular resume. If there is interest in interviewing you for an available position within our company, a representative from WhoWhatWear.com will contact you in the near future.
Who What Wear is a multimedia company that creates premium content and curated shopping suggestions for fashionable women ages 18-34. With an emphasis on translating celebrity and runway style for real life, Who What Wear has quickly become the definitive authority for tastemakers, trendsetters, and their followers.
Who What Wear reaches its audience through its online magazine and a daily email newsletter, which covers the latest in celebrity fashion, runway trends and beauty secrets. WWW content also includes online video and books: Who What Wear TV was the #1 downloaded podcast on iTunes within the fashion vertical during its entire four season run, and the books, Who What Wear: Celebrity and Runway Style for Real Life, and What to Wear, Where, have received rave reviews. Who What Wear will soon be expanding its business by launching Who What Wear Beauty, which will cover the latest beauty products, newest hair and makeup trends and tips, as well as Clique by Who What Wear, the destination for VIP discounts, exclusive products and deals available on the web, all chosen by Who What Wear editors.
WWW was launched by two former ELLE magazine editors in 2006 and is located in Los Angeles.