HollywoodLife is looking for unpaid, college credit interns interested in beauty, celebrities and writing to work out of its NYC office this fall. This is a non-paying 2-3 day a week internship, but school credit is available. Spearheaded by Editor in Chief Bonnie Fuller – whose previous positions include EIC of Cosmopolitan, US Weekly, Star and Glamour.
HollywoodLife is a celebrity news, fashion, beauty and lifestyle destination geared toward women aged 18-34. Launched two and a half years ago, the site boasts more than 13 million unique visitors a month and has offices in both Los Angeles and New York. You would report directly to the Beauty Editor. The main responsibility will be calling in and organizing beauty products. There will be opportunities for research, attending beauty industry events and writing.
• Calling in beauty products and keeping them organized
• Conducting photo research for celebrity beauty stories and selecting products that work with articles
• Attending beauty events
• Interviewing beauty industry professionals-makeup artists, hairstylists, dermatologists
• Organizing beauty closet
• Updating and maintaining beauty contact database
• Conceptualizing and pitching ideas
• Committed to a fulfilling and challenging internship
• Highly organized, able to meet deadlines and can thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge, interest, and experience in beauty and celebrity culture
• Self-motivated, passionate, results oriented
• Prior beauty internship experience a plus
• Interest and experiencing writing is a plus
• Prior internet experience is a plus
This is an unpaid internship for college credit ONLY. To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HollywoodLife’s parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company founded by Jay Penske in 2004. PMC owns a unique and growing portfolio of lifestyle brands that provide the web’s best original content in categories including entertainment, sports, breaking news, media, finance, tech, health, shopping, fashion, beauty, and automotive. Variety, Deadline, OnCars, HollywoodLife, HollyBaby, Movieline, TVLine, BGR, Young Hollywood Awards, The Style Awards, and Breakthrough of the Year Awards are all part of the expanding PMC portfolio.
Job Code: HLNYDLF1