Entry-level (on site) sales and merchandising representative wanted to work for high-end jewelry designer/social entrepreneur. Representative will serve as a brand ambassador at Bergdorf Goodman helping to merchandise our case, select inventory, and facilitate sales in the store. The individual will be expected to meet monthly sales goals, cultivate customer relationships, and grow sales revenues. The individual will oversee and administer all social media campaigns and marketing outreach. Duties will also include assisting with everyday administrative office work and in product design at the Joan Hornig Jewelry office. A successful candidate will be a creative, engaged and energetic professional with an understanding of visual aesthetics and sales. Candidate will work with Bergdorf Goodman sales associates, personal shoppers, stylists, the press, and customers. As the “face” of Joan Hornig Jewelry the individual will also oversee all grassroots promotional initiatives.
This is a hybrid non-profit retail experience. It is a unique position where the candidate will be part of a small team. We would like someone who wants to change the world to join our team!
• College degree
• Demonstrated sales ability
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Outgoing personality
• Marketing experience
• Demonstrated interest in luxury goods
• Demonstrated interest in non-profit organizations
• Demonstrated interest in merchandising and visual presentation
• Extensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs
• Basic familiarity with all Adobe design programs
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Professional attire due to interaction with clients
• New York City resident
• Proactive self-starter
• Able to multi-task
• Able to think quickly on your feet
About: Joan Hornig Jewelry is the only designer jewelry line of its kind. Each time a piece is purchased 100% of the profits goes to the charity of the purchaser’s choice. Founded in 2003 by Wall Street veteran and social entrepreneur Joan Hornig, Philanthropy is Beautiful® is expanding at a rapid pace and is looking for bright, young talent to help spread its philanthropic model of giving.
Salary: Base with upside through commissions and bonuses.
Schedule: Full-time (Monday-Friday)
To apply please send your resume, cover letter, and references to Jennifer@joanhornig.com.