KaufmanFranco is a high-end, luxury women’s wear company seeking dedicated, enthusiastic interns to assist with our Spring/Summer 2014 collection and runway show. We currently sell at major department stores including Bergdorf Goodman, Saks Fifth Avenue and a number of high-end retailers including Net-A-Porter.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to,
Sales and PR
• Assisting with the SS 2014 runway show at Lincoln Center.
• Preparation for market.
• Archiving samples.
• Sample send-outs, trafficking and returns.
• Maintaining the organization of our showroom.
• Assisting the design team on the development of the collection (dying zippers, sourcing trims and materials, fabric treatments, embroidery artwork/process).
• Delivering and picking up from garment factories, trim vendors – (this will include a responsibility of time management skills).
• An understanding of patternmaking.
• Knowledge of excel, Illustrator and Photoshop is a plus
• Prepare Pre-Production packages to send out to factories.
• Help with allocation of raw materials to factories.
• Follow up with local service providers such as fusing, marking & grading companies and bias makers.
• Enter cutters must into the system.
Our company holds in-house patternmakers as well as seamstresses and a tailor, allowing for a very fulfilling environment to work – one can observe the development process from design concept, draping, patternmaking, construction, execution – to production and to sales.
While the internship is unpaid, we can offer school credit. Part-time or full time, at least 2-3 days a week for a 3+ month period is preferred – this is beneficial for both parties as more learning and experience gains with time.
Please send your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com. Be sure to specify in the subject line which department you are interested in.