Last night, Victoria Beckham tweeted this composite image (right) of her 10-year-old part-time Burberry model son Romeo done up like Karl Lagerfeld with the words “Romeo who?” printed underneath. “I can’t stop laughing right now, genius!” Beckham wrote.
No other clues were given concerning the meaning or relevance of the tweet, rendering it, on a scale of not cryptic to quite cryptic, quite cryptic. Other than referencing a 2009 “Karl Who?” canvas tote bag once carried by Karl Lagerfeld himself… We just have so many questions. Darn you, Twitter, and your 140 character limit!
Below, some possible explanations of this image’s existence.
• Romeo Beckham made it for his “what I want to be when I grow up” summer camp assignment.
• Victoria Beckham brought Romeo to the mall and had a photo t-shirt made at one of those stands for $15.99, plus an apron for each grandmother and a coffee mug for Karl.
• David Beckham has recently enrolled in a once-a-week community college beginners’ Photoshop class for retired adults; this is his first project.
• Before becoming immortal, Karl Lagerfeld was once a child who was genetically identical to Romeo Beckham. It’s called science.
• With Choupette‘s lack of opposable thumbs proving too detrimental, Karl Lagerfeld has kidnapped Romeo Beckham with plans of grooming him to run the Chanel empire should he ever retire/die (yeah right to both). This is the ransom note.
• It came from the Internets ooo000oooh.
Feel free to add your own theories in the comments…