Full-time, 10-month faculty position, renewable contract. Director position is a four-year renewable appointment with annual reviews.
• Candidates must demonstrate industry knowledge as well as possess design-management and brand-management experience and connections within the fashion design industry.
• Candidates must have an energetic team-building leadership style with a global industry vision that is both student- and program- focused.
• Candidates will have the ability to instruct students within appropriate undergraduate courses across the Fashion and Business of Fashion degree programs. The successful candidate will carry a regular teaching load.
• Candidates will conduct service to the School of Design and Engineering, the Kanbar College of Design Engineering and Commerce and the University, as appropriate.
• Candidates will bring forth, develop and maintain an active network of industry contacts that is synergistic with and complementary to the Fashion Design Program.
Hold an appropriate degree in Fashion Design or a closely related discipline. A master’s degree is preferred, while a terminal bachelor’s degree will be considered. Eight to 12 years of fashion design experience is required.
• The successful candidate will lead, direct and transform the B.S. Fashion Design program, building on its heritage as a leader in fashion design education.
• S/he also must actively seek out and develop curricular and project collaborations with the design, engineering and business degree programs within Kanbar College and with other degree programs across campus.
• S/he must drive innovation in curriculum development in the fashion design degree program, maintain and grow network of industry connections and partnerships, as well as grow undergraduate enrollment.
• Instruct appropriate undergraduate and potentially graduate courses across the Fashion and Business of Fashion degree programs and within Kanbar College.
• S/he must provide leadership in a collaborative, interdisciplinary environment, with the ability to work closely and collaboratively with faculty in the Fashion Design degree program, various academic administrators within Kanbar College of Design Engineering and Commerce, and with faculty, staff and administrators from across the University (for instance, other colleges, student life, admissions, registrar, etc.) to assist the University in executing its strategic plan.
Please submit to FashionDesignDir@PhilaU.edu a single PDF file containing a cover letter; resume; four professional references; and salary requirements. Other submittals such as statement of teaching philosophy or portfolio are welcomed but not required. Resume review begins by October 7, 2013 and will continue until the position is filled.
Philadelphia University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.