Bumble and bumble is a salon and product company dedicated to the craft of hairdressing. The New York based Marketing team is looking for an Intern to start January 2014 for the Spring semester. This internship is unpaid and in exchange for college credit.
This exciting Marketing Intern role offers the opportunity to gain experience in the North America Marketing team for Bumble and bumble. The Bb. office is located in the heart of the Meatpacking District. This position is primarily responsible for supporting the Marketing team in the development and implementation of the North America marketing execution in both the salon and retail channels to maximize the brands’ business objectives.
To qualify for an internship with Bumble and bumble you must:
• be currently enrolled at an accredited college/university;
• make a commitment of at least 15 hours per week; and
• be able to receive college credit for your internship and A LETTER OF PROOF MUST BE SUBMITTED.
• Support of various brand marketing programs, including new product launches, product refocuses, in-store and salon events, sampling and CRM campaigns, new salon launches.
• Support on development and co-ordination of seasonal sell-in tool kits:
o Sales leave-behind sheet
o Product sample co-ordination
o Education 1-sheet
o New launch FAQ’s
o Price lists
o Seasonal inventory workbook
o Seasonal product order check-list
o BIN’s in presentation format
• Support on development of new product launch tool kits:
o Sales PK presentation
o Program overview
o Editable Invites/Product Announcement
o Event Guides
o Social media assets
• Management of specific salon or retail initiatives as directed by team (e.g. Bb.Salon Network creative asset requests)
• Request creative assets (e.g. enter creative profiles) for all NA projects and issue visual assets needed for salon or retail promotional programs
o Price increase communication email/letter & mailing list
o Price list updates
o Shelf talker cards and mailing list
o Competitor pricing tracking
• Process product gratis orders
• Manage comp/sample needs for retailer presentations and marketing initiatives
• Gratis execution with Alliance (3rd
• Translations + maintain translation file
• Preparation for retailer meetings / brand conferences.
• Creation of shopping carts for marketing activity
BUSINESS ANALYSIS SUPPORT
• Update new product launch trackers on weekly basis
• Competitor and pricing tracking
• Maintain sample tracker and usage on monthly basis party distributor)
The successful candidate will possess:
• Strong organizational, communication and analytical skills, and a creative, proactive and flexible approach.
• The ability to work in a fast moving environment and a keen attention to detail would also be beneficial.
• A good level of computer literacy in Word/Excel/PowerPoint.