Founded in 1984, Free People is a women’s fashion label that operates wholesale, retail, and direct-to-consumer businesses. The retail and wholesale presence encompasses over 75 stores in the United States as well as three wholesale showrooms whose teams have cultivated relationships with over 1,400 specialty boutiques and department stores across the globe. In addition, we produce a direct-to-consumer catalog and website, providing an inspiring shopping experience for the carefree, confident, and curious young woman who appreciates our distinctive assortment of apparel and accessories.
Title: Free People Sample Coordinator-Accessories
Reports to: Merchandise Manager-Stores/Direct
The Sample Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining all photo samples for the Direct division. This person will know the whereabouts of all samples by creating and maintaining a log book. They will coordinate the flow of samples from styleout, turnover, photo shoot, color correction and PR. They will manage the stock room and organize by catalog and category. The manager will work closely with the buyers, merchandisers and production.
• Check in and log merchandise each morning
• Maintain tracking system for sample whereabouts
• Return completed samples back to domestic vendors and warehouse
• Prepare and send samples for color correction
• Prepare and tag all samples for web and catalog photo shoots
• Pack truck for home shoots
• Prepare and set up samples for call center training
• Prepare samples for styleouts
• Maintain stockroom
• Coordinate Sample Sales
• Enter, manage and organize Purchase Orders
• Must exhibit strong communication, time management skills and interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritize projects and handle multiple tasks
• Must demonstrate creative thinking
• Ability to develop and maintain productive relationships and communicate effectively with internal and external partners
• Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Bachelors Degree in Fashion, Business or a related field required
• Retail experience preferred
Education: A Bachelors degree is expected.
Location: Philadelphia, PA