Jihan Forbes, Contributor
1. iPad Mini, $299 at Apple: I do not leave home without this thing during Fashion Week. I use it to blog between shows, check my emails, and it’s a good (though still kinda goofy) backup camera/voice recorder for when all my other electronics have run out of juice.
2. M.A.C. Ruby Woo Lipstick, $15 at MAC: Ruby Woo looks good on everyone, and a good lippie makes you appear more polished.
3. Zara Zipper Peplum V-Neck, $79.90 at Zara: I’ve had my eye on this top for about a week, and it’ll be mine in a few days. I’m thinking of layering it over a sleek black turtleneck because this polar juggernaut of hell we’re dealing with in NYC is no joke.
4. Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Edge Control Hair Gel, $5.99 at Soap.com: I will definitely be rocking a topknot at least ONCE during fashion week, and Organic Root Stimulator’s edge control formula is perfect to keep my edges nice and smooth. It’s a classic!
5. Make Up Forever Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation, $36 at Sephora: I scored this baby at a tradeshow last year, and I’ve been using it ever since to hide the dark circles under my eyes. So, even if I’ve been up filing stories until 3AM… there’s no way anyone can tell!
6. Gigi New York Burgundy All in One Bag, $105 at Gigi New York: I’m having a clutch moment, and this burgundy python-embossed piece is the perfect size to fit my iPad mini, voice recorder, lipstick, cash, Tylenol — you name it. It’s so cute, I just want to put my name on it…AND I can, because for an extra $15, they’ll add gold monogram lettering.