Melanie Bender, Contributor
1. Alexander Birman heels, $374 at ShoeScribe: This pair of go-with-everything black heels are special but versatile, and on sale.
2. Tatcha Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder, $65 at Barneys: The cold-to-heat-to-cold, long hours and mostly liquid diet (I’m not talking juicing) do a number on my skin. This gentle exfoliating powder works miracles and is super portable.
3. Statement coat, $404 at Walk in My Closet: It’s the perfect time to snap up something vintage that can be thrown over anything. I have my eye on a few by Proenza Schouler and Isabel Marant on Walk In My Closet.
4. Evernote, Free in iTunes: The best ideas come at the most awkward of times (when stuck in a freight elevator, for example). This app keeps my life in order when switching between mobile, laptop and tablet.
5. Make Cosmetics Scarlet Oak Silk Cream Lipstick, $25 at Barneys: The only makeup I wear will be applied in the cab, so a bold lip is the way to go. I’m super impressed with Make’s product and mission (1/3 of all sales support women-owned cooperatives in the U.S.).
6. Leather shopper tote, $79.90 at Zara: The optimal carryall for stashing tech devices, show takeaways and a change of shoes without losing its shape.
7. Black Converse, $50 at Piperlime: By day three I usually succumb to flats… thank god for the athletic trend.