Alyssa Vingan, Senior Editor
1. iPad mini in white, $299 at Apple: My laptop is too clunky to carry around from show to show, but my iPad mini (and the small keyboard I bought to use with it) will fit in my purse and help me get a head start on my writing as I wait for the next one to begin.
2. Box of Orbit gum, $10.99 at Drugstore.com: I go through packs of gum faster than anyone I know — I’m also good at sharing it — so I always make sure to have at least one in my bag at all times.
3. Kenzo sweatshirt, $315 at Forward by Elyse Walker: I love me a fashion sweatshirt. I will layer this colorful Kenzo version over a collared shirt for an easy (and toasty) look for a full day of shows. Polar vortex be damned.
4. Nars Velvet Matte lip pencil in Dragon Girl, $25 available at Nordstrom: During the winter fashion weeks, I usually am bundled up in a black coat, scarf and hat, so I feel like a bit of color on my lips helps me to look alive (instead of like a fashion zombie). This version by Nars is the longest lasting I’ve found so far.
5. Isabel Marant wedge booties, $936 at Forward by Elyse Walker: I got these boots on super-sale over the holidays (shout out to Net-a-Porter!) and I cannot wait to wear them during Fashion Week. They’re surprisingly easy to walk in, which is key since car service between shows is unfortunately not my reality.
6. Chipotle burrito bowl, $8 at Chipotle: Our office is located about 30 feet away from a Chipotle, so it will likely be one of my main forms of sustenance throughout the week. Actually, Chipotle should probably sponsor Fashionista’s Fashion Week coverage since we all eat it so much. Can this be arranged?
7. Black cashmere beanie, $86 at Catbird: If you see me at all during Fashion Week, I will likely be wearing this hat. Indoors, outdoors — doesn’t matter. I will risk the hat hair!