Position: Art Director/Graphic Designer
Start Date: Immediate
Status: Full-time or freelance
Location: New York City, NY
The ideal candidate for the Art Director position will be able to:
- Share a deep portfolio of work produced for several clients during five (5) or more years of professional experience as a graphic designer/art director, preferably for a fashion brand or other creative/lifestyle company.
- Communicate a deep familiarity with the Billy Reid brand and esthetic and our various physical and media assets, including but not limited to: current and past collections; stores; website; Journal; email campaign; social media channels; and company-sponsored events and gatherings.
- Demonstrate a strong affinity for and understanding of the fashion industry (experience with a fashion brand is a major plus); be able to speak confidently about the art direction for other companies’ current media and advertising campaigns, as well as their websites, blogs, and social media platforms.
- Be proficient in a wide range of current graphic design software.
- Understand and be proficient in the use of a range of social media channels and associated planning/scheduling programs.
- Serve as company photographer, when needed.
Duties will include:
- Leading the planning and execution of all promotional, email and web-related design efforts.
- Designing assets to cover a wide range of platforms, including but not limited to our website (previous designers have used HTML to code; the company site is built on Magento); email campaigns; social media efforts; invitations; store and event signage; brand books; PR material; and seasonal look books.
- Working with the executive and marketing teams to conceive ideas for seasonal image campaigns; with the marketing director, lead planning and execution of resulting shoots, as well as others throughout the season, to support the correct promotion of our current collections.
- Overseeing and coordinating the efforts of a small visual team currently located in Florence, Alabama.
- Maintaining and updating company digital archive.
- Introducing and exposing the marketing team to new talents, including photographers and other.
To apply, please send an email explaining your interest in the position and whether you’re seeking full-time or freelance employment to Libby Callaway at email@example.com; please include (1) your resume, (2) a current digital portfolio, and (3) links to any professional websites, blogs, or social media channels you maintain. Please include your current contact information and indicate your immediate availability for an interview.