Journelle is a multi-channel lingerie retailer, bringing a fresh approach to the category through fashion forward merchandise selection, sophisticated store design and exceptional customer care. Founded in 2007, the company currently operates three retail stores and a rapidly-growing online business dedicated to helping women love and wear beautiful lingerie every day.
Journelle is seeking a Seasonal Fashion Buying Assistant to join its team of lingerie lovers and assist the Buying team during the busy season of placing Spring/Summer 2015 orders. This temporary position runs from July 30th through mid-September 2014 and will be paid. The Fashion Buying Intern will be trained in and is expected to help with all aspects of the buying process – from item catalog creation to purchase order placement and vendor follow-up. Successful completion of the program may lead to future positions with Journelle.
· Create and manage item catalog
· Document and coordinate item price changes
· Use prior selling history to inform buying decisions
· Send and confirm fashion orders
Required Experience And Education:
· Working towards or completed 4-year college degree
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word and Excel. Familiarity with Macs a plus.
· Lingerie industry knowledge and strong brand relationships a plus
· Strong work ethic and analytical skills
· Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
· Organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
· Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools
· High sense of accountability and responsibility; Ability to self-motivate and maintain momentum in ambiguous situations is a must
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.