Company: Reed Krakoff International LLC
Position: Part-Time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Drawing from over twenty years of experience designing for iconic American houses, Krakoff has elevated his New York-based label into a global brand and has himself become internationally recognized for his contributions to the industries of fashion, art and design.
In creating his namesake collection, Krakoff’s mission is to redefine American sportswear, combining his inherent design aesthetic with modern luxuries for the sensual and strong woman. His artistic vision for the label reflects a discerning and contemporary beauty in the world of luxury.
Job Description: As an intern, you will assist the Public Relations coordinator. Primarily, the Public Relations Intern will assist in sample trafficking and track press coverage.
• Monitor sample returns throughout the day.
• Execute sample send outs as delegated by press team. This includes diligently checking out samples, packing samples, writing labels and scheduling messengers.
• Maintain organization of press showrooms at all times. The showroom must look presentable at all times; meaning samples are in their appropriate places and on appropriate hangers.
• Scan credits in a timely fashion. Crop, edit, save and upload images to editorial gallery.
• Update weekly editorial and credit request charts with detailed shoot and product information.
• Track all Reed Krakoff brand press hits online.
• Assist with special events and projects within the press department or other areas of the company as needed. This can include fashion show prep and fashion week assistance, brainstorming editorial pitches, scanning and tagging new samples etc…
Necessary Skills & Qualifications:
• Able to earn school credit at a US accredited college or graduate school
• Able to dedicate a minimum of 2-3 days a week
• Prior experience with Word & Excel is a must
• Strong communication and time management skills
• Positive attitude and desire to learn
• Proactive, self-starter
• Organized and detail-oriented
• Strong interest in fashion
• Prior public relations or communications internship necessary
Please send cover letter and resume to Elan at firstname.lastname@example.org