John Robshaw Inc. is an international luxury home company with a focus on bedding and decorative accessories handcrafted in India and Southeast Asia. John Robshaw is known for his signature updated spin on exotic, handmade objects; a vibrant mix of sophistication and romantic allure.
- All aspects of design, including but not limited to: print development, product development, construction specs, packaging specs, creating pattern repeats (photoshop/illustrator), etc
- Managing assistant designers & summer interns
- Working closely with John & team to meet deadlines
- Overseeing licensing deals
- Assisting in the planning of photo shoots & assisting at photo shoots
- Creating Excel spread sheets, spec sheets & packages for new sampling development
- Following up on packages & products until handing off to production.
- Product development with overseas factories for sampling & miscellaneous orders
- Working closely with Production & Sales
- This position requires knowledge of the home bedding industry standards as well as market awareness
- Must have at least 3-5 years professional home textile design experience; Bedding experience is a preferred; Experience in communicating with factories is mandatory
- Expert proficiency with Mac Platform; Strong Photoshop skills are essential as well as a working knowledge of Illustrator
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects while adhering to intense deadlines
- Ability to work well independently & in a team
- Must be right brain/left brain.
- Must be willing to work hard, pitch in where needed & be excited about the product!
Please submit a cover letter and resume as an attachment to email@example.com with the subject "Senior Designer."