I remember interviewing Katia Beauchamp, one of Birchbox’s co-founders, back in 2010 at the launch party for the brand when I was a newly-minted beauty editor. Back then, the concept of a monthly sample box was groundbreaking. Now there are dozens of copycats, and Birchbox just opened its first brick-and-mortar store.
We here at Fashionista have always been big supporters and admirers of Birchbox, so it’s with no small level of excitement that I can announce that we’ve partnered with the brand to curate a Fashionista-themed box (called “Fashionista Forward” -- get yours here with promo code "FASHION") just in time for fashion month.
We chose products that are trend-focused, fashion-forward and that just plain work. The box includes:
• Laura Mercier’s Full Blown Volume Supreme Mascara: Laura Mercier got her start as a makeup artist at some of the biggest glossy fashion mags in the biz. Her mascara is a must for looking awake and alert during 10 hour days spent running all over the city.
• Cynthia Rowley Beauty Silver Eyeliner: Cynthia Rowley, a beloved NYC-based designer, understands trends. Her silver eyeliner is totally on point with all the metallic makeup looks we're seeing now.
• Dr. Brandt Pores No More Vacuum Cleaner: Every backstage beauty look starts with a flawless-looking face. This cleansing mask will give you the perfect blank canvas.
• Naobay Body Radiance Lotion: If you're looking for a natural yet luxe body lotion -- a more and more frequent request from consumers these days -- look no further than this one.
• Macadamia Professional Cleansing Conditioner: Sometimes regular shampoo can be too harsh. This is one of the fastest growing categories in hair care, providing cleaning and protection at the same time.
If you subscribe to Birchbox by September 30 ($10/month) and enter promo code “FASHION” at checkout, our box will be the first one you receive. Bragging rights, people.
Go here to subscribe now.