Catherine Catherine Malandrino is looking for highly motivated Assistant Designer and Design Interns to join our design team.
The Assistant Designer will support the design team throughout the development process, from concept to delivery, by contributing original, trend-appropriate design concepts that meet market needs and drive sales, and ensuring the timely execution of each stage in the process. We are looking for someone who is organized, good with time management, and reliable. You must be able to work well in a fast paced environment and always willing to learn.
- Assist in creating seasonal concept and inspiration boards
- Assist in developing seasonal color story templates
- Work with Design team to prepare new developments of prints, trim ideas, new silhouette sketches and maintain organized design books.
- Source and develop new seasonal embroidery concepts and work on artwork layouts for factories.
- Responsible for maintaining and organizing design area including: seasonal design books, recap charts, look boards, and merchandising charts.
- Assist in seasonal preparation of showroom rigging for market/line opening
- Work with in house and local factories on sample development and execution
- Correspond daily with overseas factories about all development
- Sourcing Seasonal fabric and follow up on all sample yardage
- Finding seasonal interns and managing their schedule to make sure design team always has support
- Must be able to work within deadlines and tight turn-around dates
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Design
- 1 year experience as Assistant Designer
- Must have excellent flat sketching skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and follow through skills
- Strong computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel/Word), Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop.
- Must be detail orientated
- Must be self-starter and proactive to seek guidance
- Must be a team player
The Design Interns are treated as part of the design team and work along side the designers and Creative Director in fittings, meetings, creating artwork, ect. Interns will work with local factories on sample and fabric delivery. Interns should have strong Photoshop and Illustrator skills.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and examples of your work for our review to Ashley at email@example.com.