Founder & creator of the renowned NYC based fashion e-commerce Founders & Followers.com has launched a new RTW brand Luisa et la Luna. The brand will be a progressive high-end label. We are now seeking fashion savvy, self-motivated interns for our high-paced design team. Interns will work directly with the designer and will get hands on experience in a very creative environment. Fashion Design degree or schooling is preferred and candidate must have a strong knowledge of garment construction. This internship is unpaid and for school credit only.
- Must be proficient in Photoshop: Create mood boards, design presentations, rendering prints, line sheets, developing prints, rendering flat sketches.
- Must be familiar with sourcing textiles, trims, hangtags at the NYC garment district
- Photoshop and Illustrator skills are a must
- Candidate must be available for at least 2-3 full days in the week.
- The intern will be assisting the Founder/Creative Director in day-to-day activities in the studio.
- Liaise between Design team and sample makers/factories in NYC & overseas
- Create linesheets, product development, and production boards.
- Assist with patterns, cut tickets, fabrics for sampling
- CHECK IN, FIT/PP/TOP SAMPLES. PREPARE FOR FITTINGS. PULL TECH PACK CMTS, PREVIOUS FIT SAMPLES. ASSIST TECHINCAL DESIGNER DURING ACTUAL FIT SESSIONS. DIRECTING MODEL ON THE ORDER OF SAMPLES TO BE FIT, TAKE NOTES DURING FITTINGS.
- SET UP TECH PACK FOLDERS FOR EACH STYLE. TAKE DETAIL PICTURES OF ORIG SAMPLES
- Must be aware of the fashion industry, trends, brands, etc.
- Must be able to do trend forecasting, market research -
- st have knowledge of technical aspects of fashion (ie: sewing, patternmaking, fabric types, trim types, etc.)
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to gain hands-on experience with a highly creative growing fashion brand.
If you are a DESIGN MAJOR looking to start an internship as soon as possible or for the Fall, please send your resume and cover letter with “DESIGN INTERNSHIP” in the subject to email@example.com.