One Direction just released the music video for the second single off its new album, Four. Called "Night Changes," the clip follows the boys as they go on dates with a mystery girl — thanks to the magic of a steady cam, it's the viewer! Hooray!
Of course, all the dates go awry, but that's okay — a bad date with Liam, Louis, Harry, Niall and Zayn is still better than no dates with Liam, Louis, Harry, Niall and Zayn. Since I'm meant to think that I'm the girl on the date, I figured why not plan out what I would wear on each date? Note each outfit has something red, a nod to the lyrics (for the record guys, my mom has no issue with me wearing red).
And no, I definitely have not stayed up nights thinking about this prior to this video. I came up with all these things today. Just now. Moving on...
Board Games by the Fire with Niall Horan
I'm not sure who wears a white dress to hang out and drink red wine by the fire, so let's swap that for a cozy olive knit and jeans — that way, when Niall (adorably) spills, it's nbd. The headband isn't quite moonlight in your hair, but it will be handy for keeping your strands away from the fire. Ahem.
1. 1969 destructed slim straight jeans, $69.95, available at Gap; 2. Starry night headband, $28, available at Urban Outfitters; 3. Essie nail polish in Fishnet Stockings, $8.50, available at Ulta; 4. Rag & Bone Harrow booties, $525, available at Nordstrom; 5. Free People wool blend cable knit sweater, $198, available at Lord & Taylor.
Joy Ride in a Luxury Car with Louis Tomlinson
When you're speeding around London in a vintage car, you need to look the part. A Burberry topcoat and slick suede booties will help you look as smooth as Louis, and maybe the cops won't screw with you with a firey red lip.
1. Brushed wool coat, $2,795, available at Burberry; 2. Lace playsuit, $96, available at Topshop; 3. Gipsy splash of spots tights, $16.11, available at Asos; 4. Aquazzura + Olivia Palermo booties, $810, available at Net-a-Porter; 5. Nars pure matte lipstick in Vesuvio, $26, available at Nordstrom.
Romantic Candlelit Dinner with Zayn Malik
Zayn wears a lot of leather and turtlenecks, so you guys can match with this outfit. Finish with a cat eye and a comic-inspired clutch — if it goes well, maybe he'll tattoo it on his arm next.
1. Valentino lace panel sweater dress, $1,645.24, available at Farfetch; 2. Stella McCartney superhero oversized zip pouch, $590, available at Saks Fifth Avenue; 3. Jimmy Choo Flambe tasseled suede sandals, $375, available at the Outnet; 4. Givenchy velvet, leather and tweed biker jacket, $3,249, available at Mytheresa; 5. Alexa Chung for Eyeko eyeliner, $19, available at Sephora.
Amusement Park with Liam Payne
Liam is apparently a fan of taking the ladies to the amusement park — don't think we haven't noticed that you've taken your last two girlfriends, sir. Still, stay warm in suede leggings and a knit cap that he can't easily pull off to vomit in. Gross.
1. Vince suede leggings, $597, available at Bloomingdale's; 2. Pointelle beanie, $39.50, available at J.Crew; 3. Crystal block ear jackets, $28, available at Baublebar; 4. Kate Spade Slater sneakers, $250, available at Piperlime; 5. Ribbed turtleneck, $110, available at Madewell.
Ice Skating with Harry Styles
Harry's a well-documented fan of Saint Laurent, so pick a sequined sweater from the brand. Pair with sparkly tights for a nod to the ice skating theme, and cute bobby pins (you can share!). And flat boots since he broke your ankle. But look how adorable he was doing it!
1. Saint Laurent sequined tartan mohair sweater, $1,990, available at Net-a-Porter; 2. Ban.do bobby pin set, $10, available at Catbird; 3. Buckled leather army boot, $139, available at Zara; 4. Talula Wellesley skirt, $40, available at Aritzia; 5. Wolford Starlight Tights, $230, available at Nordstrom.