The holiday season really snuck up on me this year. I just got married a couple of weeks ago, so the excitement/anxiety/celebrations that my family and I have experienced this month are off the charts, and my hand will probably fall off from writing thank you notes before I get around to sending out Season's Greeting cards to my friends and loved ones (sorry, guys!).
But just because Christmas hasn't been on the top of my mind doesn't mean I don't have a wish list ready to go — it is the most wonderful time of the year for a shopping lover, after all. Many of the items I'm lusting after are real investment pieces, like a fur-collared leather jacket and a glittery clutch that I haven't stopped thinking about for months, so in a dream world, I'd wake up to just one of the below items wrapped up with a gorgeous bow right next to my bed on Christmas morning. And if someone wants to email this to my new husband — hi, Jon! — a couple of times, that'd be great.
1. Lace-up cotton sweater, $345, available at Net-a-Porter.
Who says Christmas sweaters have to be ugly? I love getting knitwear during the holidays, especially if it’s as chic as this sailor-inspired option from Tibi.
2. Tomas Maier for Diptyque candle, $65, available at Tomas Maier.
I usually treat myself to one of Diptyque’s wonderful perfumed candles during the holiday season, and this year I am particularly fond of the beach-themed, black and white ones that the brand created in partnership with designer Tomas Maier.
3. Linea No. 1 headphones, $149.99, available at Caeden.
I am a sucker for well-designed "fashion headphones," and this white and rose gold pair really caught my eye — I swear it’s not just because Soo Joo Park stars in the ad campaign, either.
4. Edie Parker minnie acrylic box clutch, $995, available at Net-a-Porter.
The "something borrowed" at my wedding was a pearlized white Edie Parker clutch (see above) and it pained me to give it back. Now I just need to find a generous Christmas benefactor to buy me one of my own!
5. Coach urban hiker boot, $395, available at Coach.The lug sole, the shearling, the tied-up lace detail in the back … I don’t know how I don’t own these boots already.
6. Rainer structured moto jacket, $685, available at The Arrivals.
This is the leather jacket my dreams are made of. I would be the happiest girl in the world if I woke up to this on Christmas morning (hint hint EVERYONE I KNOW).