Founded in 2013, Taste the Style is an NYC based online destination for the fashion and food obsessed. We exist to bring two seemingly different industries together under one roof, proving food is most definitely fashionable. Our mission is to inform readers on style & food related news, inspire them through outfit posts, editorial content and designer interviews, and guide them to places we’re currently coveting in New York City, and beyond.
We’re currently on the hunt for exceptional writers with a penchant for social media and creative marketing practices. Taste The Style loves self-starters and highly-creative creatures who think outside the box and are excited about producing stunning, and engaging original content.
TTS’ Founder is also the Co-founder of a newly launched skincare brand, DAILĒ. Applicant must be willing to work on both businesses (similar duties needed) simultaneously when asked.
Internship consists of:
• Writing 3-5 compelling articles a week ranging from interviews to breaking news.
• Photographing subjects in their home or work environment.
• Running all of our social media platforms on the days they are in the office. That includes Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter. Intern will also be in charge of growing all of our networks by using only the best social media practices.
• Attending the occasional press preview and media event.
• Helping our Director of Content manage contributor pieces and assist in the organization of the editorial calendar.
• Assisting in the logistics of all offline events.
• Scouting style and lifestyle influencers to feature.
• Researching publications and brands we can collaborate with.
• Contacting designers, restaurants, etc, for features.
• General PR/Communication responsibilities such as press acquisition.
The ideal candidate is:
• Available 3 full days a week, preferably Monday, Wednesday and Friday for a 4 month duration.
• An organized self-starter.
• An exceptional creative writer with a passion for both fashion and food.
• A New York City maven. He/she knows all the coolest spots before the masses catch on.
• A content junkie; they’re constantly scouring new blogs and are inspired by aesthetically driven brands.
• Willing to go above and beyond their general responsibilities because they’re driven by company growth.
• Interested in photography and have general knowledge and/or access to a DLSR cameras.
• Photoshop or illustrator savvy, or willing to learn how to do basic graphic design.
• Interested in events and willing to help in executing.
• Willing to learn the ins-and-outs of a growing business because they are truly entrepreneurs at heart.
• Happy humans who work hard, and play hard.
• Interested in many facets of lifestyle and are constantly on the hunt for delicious commodities we can cover.
• Able to work virtually when we need to. #NEVERNOTWORKING
• Digitally tapped in at all times.
• One of a kind.
Non-paid, however, there is the possibility of growth within the company after the internship period expires.
If this sounds like you, please give us a shout at email@example.com and include the following:
• 3 adjectives that best describe you in the subject line.
• A brief email describing your background and why this internship appeals to you. (Show us your personality!)
• The favorite piece of content you’ve written.
• Your résumé.
Good luck, bright minds!