Chic Little Devil Style House & CLD PR is seeking PR Interns to start as soon as possible. We would like you to work 1-4 days per week.
We are located in downtown LA in the fashion district, walking distance from FIDM. Chic Little Devil is a rapidly growing company that deals with the city's best wardrobe stylists, celebrity stylist and publicists, photographers, producers and LA's elite and VIP's. We are the ultimate one-stop shop and concierge for fashion. We have a 10,000 sq ft space w/huge city view balconies, which we utilize for photo shoots and various events. We are a cool and fun staff, but you'll be expected to work hard here too.
We hire all entry level positions from our internship program and approximately 60% of our staff all started off from our internship program. It's a great opportunity to get your foot in the door and grow with us!
The specific tasks and expectations are listed below.
MUST HAVE a basic understanding of PR and what it is crucial to your success in this fast paced and exciting department. We expect girls/guys that take initiative, think "outside the box", take responsibility for their work and conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.
Duties include but not limited to: building contacts, database management, interacting with stylists, editors and celebrity publicists, press releases, magazine press clippings, new client scouting, gifting suites for events, pick ups/drop offs, celebrity pulls, merchandising the showroom, opening/closing duties, and organizing shoots. Must own a laptop.
Expectations of an ideal candidate:
- Self-driven, willingness to meet and exceed expectations
- Can handle a fast pace environment
- Takes initiative and is responsible
- Strong work ethic
- Burning desire to learn, serious ambition to be in the fashion industry
- GREAT attention to detail
- Sense of initiative, can work well with minimal direction
- Great decision-making skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Great at research, quick learner
- Team spirit
- Computer skills and some social networking (Office, Photoshop, Facebook, Twitter, blogging)
- Upbeat, high energy level
- Positive, can-do attitude, go-getter
- Organized, able to think logically
- Able to take constructive criticism
- Creative problem-solver
- People-friendly, can talk to anyone
- Professional and organized
- Reliable and punctual
- HAS COMMON SENSE
- Some exposure to fashion industry and/or fashion student
- Have a strong interest in the world of public relations
This is an unpaid academic or experience only internship. We are in need of hard working self starters that can keep up with a fast paced environment. Interns are expected to work 1-4 days a week (you choose your days) from the hours of 10:00am to 6:30pm. This is a four month commitment in which each intern that completes their internship with no more than 2 missed scheduled days, will receive a $200 gift certificate to our showroom. :)
IMPORTANT: Please answer by emailing ALL OF the following information (and your resume in the body of the email to email@example.com)...
1. Your Full Name
2. Phone Number
3. The days you are available every week Monday-Friday. We require at least one full day. Our hours are 10am-6:30pm
4. How many days per week you want to intern
5. Please write in the subject line "PR internship"
6. The date you are able to start the internship.