Job Title: PR Coordinator
Reporting to: Marketing Manager
Location: New York
Purpose: The PR Coordinator will provide support to the Marketing Manager, acting as a primary contact for press in the US market.
- Marketing Manager (Key Contact)
- Global Communications Director
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Global Marketing and PR teams
- Retail Teams
- Finance Teams
- Press – junior level
- Suppliers where relevant
- Charity/CSR partners where relevant
- Brand partners where relevant
- To develop key contacts with relevant fashion, style and lifestyle press ensuring that contacts are developed and maintained at key titles
- Maintain contact database
- To be an ambassador for the brand, connecting and building relationships with internal and external colleagues
- To consistently create intelligent, topical and proactive pitches by identifying and executing appropriate PR opportunities based on global focus set by London HQ
- Grow the brands presence on-line. Effectively manage the on-line media community with guidance from London HQ and Community Manger.
- Compile look book and image library across all lines to communicate new collections to the press
- Effectively manage and control all PR budgets as appropriate, as well as manage US inventory of all sample stock.
- Monitor and manage all press coverage, both print and online and producing weekly reports as directed.
- Populating monthly editorial coverage round ups and creating and maintaining coverage for specific projects and events
- Assist in the management and development of the team intern/work experience. Help them to increase their skills and experience.
- Responsible for all central PR stock and sample movement
- Work with Marketing Manager on all PR focused events; including but not limited to seasonal press days and store events.
- Provide consistent creative support and suggestions to the Senior press
- Maintain and demonstrate a high level of informed and strategic industry knowledge
- Appropriately represent the dunhill brand at all times and ensure that all who interact with the PR department, colleagues, suppliers and press, are treated with courtesy and respect
- Media database management
(You may be required to undertake such further duties as your skills, qualifications and experience allow and/or as may be assigned to you by the Company on occasions)
Education & Qualifications: College Degree in related field
- At least 3 years experience in menswear PR
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proven experience of building strong relationships with press, external suppliers and brand partners
- PR/Marketing related work experience within fashion / luxury sector
- Strong verbal communication and rapport building skills
- Excellent written communication
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent team player
- Creative and entrepreneurial skills
- Results driven and dynamic
- Pro-active, enthusiastic and tenacious
- Inquisitive and interested
- Able to react intelligently when responding to unforeseen requests
- Courteous and gracious
- Passion for and keen knowledge of the luxury goods/fashion industry
- A strong knowledge of media
- Ability to work under immense pressure during the build up to events, whilst keeping logical and clear organization.
- Flexible to different working hours such as evenings and weekends as the role requires