KAUFMANFRANCO is a high-end, luxury women’s wear company seeking dedicated, enthusiastic interns to assist with our Pre Fall/Fall 2015 collections. We currently sell at major department stores including Bergdorf Goodman, Saks Fifth Avenue and a number of high-end online retailers including Net-A-Porter.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Sales and PR
- Assisting with the Pre-Fall 2015 and FW15 Collections.
- Preparation for market.
- Archiving samples.
- Sample send-outs, trafficking and returns.
- Maintaining the organization of our showroom.
Sales and PR - Please send your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com.
Design & Product Development
- Assisting the design team on the development of the collection (dying zippers, sourcing trims and materials, fabric treatments, embroidery artwork/process).
- Delivering and picking up from garment factories, fabric and trim vendors – (this will include a responsibility of time management skills).
- An understanding of patternmaking.
- Organizing trims and tracking inventory as well as pulling trims for production.
- Knowledge of excel, Illustrator and Photoshop is a plus
Design and Product Development – Please send your Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prepare Pre-Production packages to send out to factories.
- Help with allocation of raw materials to factories.
- Follow up with local service providers such as fusing, marking & grading companies and bias makers.
- Enter cutters must into the system.
Production – Please send your Cover Letter and resume to email@example.com.
Our company holds in-house patternmakers as well as seamstresses and a tailor, allowing for a very fulfilling environment to work – one can observe the development process from design concept, draping, patternmaking, construction, execution – to production and to sales/ PR.
While the internship is unpaid, we can offer school credit. Part-time or full time, at least 2-3 days a week for a 3+ month period is preferred - this is beneficial for both parties as more learning and experience gains with time.
An internship at KAUFMANFRANCO will provide you with hands-on experience and industry exposure!