MAGAZINE is a tiny sales and PR agency representing a handful of really talented, NYC-based clothing and jewelry designers. Market season is coming up and we need help in our showroom and at a big tradeshow, in addition to needing constant support with ongoing press duties. We would love it if you could:
- familiarize yourself with all of the designers that we represent; their collections, their inspiration, and their background
- research stores big and small all over the world that can help support our designers
- know the "media landscape" (??) really well—blogs, magazines, newspapers, the whole gamut. Have a few favorite writers and think of stuff they could write about.
- help us stay organized with more spreadsheets than you've ever seen in your life
- be very anal about the way things look
- be an amazing, amazing writer
- be obsessed with style, dressing, Marie Antoinette, Diane Keaton, season one Carmela Soprano, etc
- be friendly and LOVE TALKING TO PEOPLE!
- help us with errands (sorry) and lots of schlepping, steaming, and last-minute problem solving
This position is unpaid, but we will supply you with whatever school credit/recommendations you may require. Lots of snacks, too. Our showroom is in Tribeca. We're asking you to commit to 2 - 3 days weekly, beginning ASAP.
Please submit a resume and cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you! Contact: Emily Ruane at firstname.lastname@example.org