East of the Mississippi, a contemporary concept boutique, is looking for an In-House-Fashion Intern. This person will manage a combination of posting on social media platforms and retail/office assistance. Candidates must be organized, dynamic, entrepreneurial, motivated, love fashion, have great communication skills and understand the contemporary boutique landscape.
The ability to multi-task and collaborate in a small working environment is required. Interns will learn valuable skills in retail, marketing, wholesale buying and e-commerce and college credit is available upon request.
Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
• Knowledge of major social media platforms.
• Familiar with Manhattan/Northern Brooklyn.
• Comfortable creating and sending shipments.
• Skills: Quickbooks, Excel, Word, and Photoshop/Illustration suit knowledge a plus.
• Knowledge/Willing to research American contemporary brands
• Needs to be very detail oriented
• Great communication skills
• Previous retail/ sales experience is ideal but not required
• Must live in NYC area
• Must work a minimum of 2 days a week.
• Working with team to develop and refine monthly social media content calendars (concepting the imagery, sourcing the imagery, creating copy, making posting schedules, creating and running contests are all possible)
• Concepting creative ideas for social media imagery
• Utilizing social media tools to monitor trending topics on social media and finding areas of opportunity/jumping into trending conversations
• Assist in building monthly inspiration boards for online campaigns.
• Scanning press and editing as needed and uploading onto different marketing channels.
• Special projects as needed
• Maintain various calendars for the web team.
For school credit only
Please submit a cover letter and resume as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little bit about our company:
East of the Mississippi is a retail boutique and e-commerce platform that launched in March 2015 in the Williamsburg neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York. The co-founders Ali Nichols and Linsay Long, who met at the prestigious Parsons School of Design in 2006 and have both dreamed of opening their own concept store. EOTM showcases designers and artisans that create and produce their goods East of the Mississippi river. The retailer carries contemporary and luxury products that range from women's wear and accessories to home goods and men's apothecary.