This position will allow candidates to learn key aspects of fine jewelry production and studio management at Marc Alary. This position requires strong attention to detail and organizational skills, someone who is self-motivated and can work well with a small team. The Studio/Production Manager will interact directly with the Creative Director/CEO on a daily basis.
- Support product engineering by assisting in the maintenance of product specifications, bills of materials, new product pricing, purchase orders, etc.
- Assist with the production for all store and stock orders. This includes allocation of materials, following up with manufacturers and vendors, visiting local manufacturers, etc.
- Support the creation and special order process for accuracy and efficiency.
- Oversee and maintain various charts and reference resources including data filing and entry, line-sheets, cost pricing sheets, production paperwork, and any external communications.
- Assist with the pre-production process to ensure turnover is done within an appropriate timeline.
- Oversee sourcing of materials and quality control to fulfill purchase orders.
- Work closely with the Creative Director/CEO and Junior Designer/Jeweler on product development and production.
- Work closely with the Creative Director/CEO on special projects including, but not limited to, Fashion Week and designer collaborations.
- Perform daily departmental tasks, such as checking in merchandise from manufacturers, publications, stylists, photographers, etc.
- Ensure timely delivery for all orders placed through the website, retailers, and/or private clients.
- Oversee maintenance and organization of all company images, company media, external documents, including lookbooks, collection notes, press, invitations, etc.
- Coordinate and prepare all jewelry loans for photographers, stylists, publications, and press and ensure all inventory is tracked and maintained.
- Communicate regularly with the accountant regarding expenses, invoices, sales, stock/inventory levels, etc.
- Present new ideas for areas such as business development, web content, and social media outreach.
- Assist the Creative Director/CEO with any miscellaneous task that may be needed –ability to be a team player is very important.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented with strong follow through
- Experience with jewelry and production management is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Experience with Rhino 3D is a plus
Please send resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.